Re: RFC: Introducing Debian Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

On ma, 2008-01-28 at 13:45 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> [many words, which I do not wish to summarize]

I'd like to say at this point that I pretty much agree with what Zack
wrote, so I won't comment on that directly.

Anthony's objection seems to be primarily that the BTS should already
suffice, so all the additional infrastructure we've set up is
unnecessary. I can see his point. I don't think the BTS as it currently
exists suffices, but if a working summary feature is added to it, I am
not objecting to using the BTS. The mechanics of DEP infrastructure are
not an essential part of our DEP0 proposal, after all.

I'd rather not wait for BTS changes to happen, though, before going on
with using DEP for something real (a DEP1 that is). The infrastructure
is less important than trying out the new process for real.