Re: Re^4: ideas regarding a conflict management strategy

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 02:35:57PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> "Lars Versen" <sfs.com@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Steve Langasek, exactly that is a general misunderstanding of you and
> > a few other Debian Developers.
> > "I have three world-class operating system releases to my credit,
> > and you dont" [...]

> I don't believe Steve Langasek ever wrote that.  Please try to quote
> accurately and give references where appropriate.

Thanks for the vote of confidence in my moral character, but aside from the
attribution of uncharacteristically sloppy punctuation, that is AFAICR a
direct quote.  To be sure, I don't in any sense regard those releases as
exclusively mine; a Debian release is certainly a huge committment on the
part of the release manager, but even if we were to discount the significant
efforts of all the individual package maintainers who make unstable
something worth trying to release, every release I've been involved in has
been a group effort on the part of the release team and other motivated
developers.

The context for that comment was that, during a series of IRC ban evasions
one night on the part of our soliloquist ("Frank"? "Lars"? "Sybil"?[1]), I
had the honor of kickbanning him from #debian-devel; at which point he chose
to message me privately about my action, and I obligingly engaged him in the
most insulting way possible to distract him from his previous activity of
disrupting Debian's official IRC channels.  I think there may also have been
some comments in there about sex with his mother.  None of those comments
should be taken as indicative of anything besides my disdain for a
particular disruptive non-contributor.

[1] Attempting to avoid the consequences of his past actions by changing
identities seems to be a pattern with Frank.  Aside from his long history of
ban evasion on two IRC networks and several Debian channels, we see in his
latest message that he persists in the charade that Lars and Patrick are not
the same person -- in spite of telling coincidences of style, topic, word
choice, and misuse of English, and in spite of the fact that he himself was
the first to name "Patrick Frank" in this thread.  I for one think those
actions speak much louder -- and with greater brevity -- than his words.