Re: RFC: Introducing Debian Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

#include <IANADD>

january 16, 2008, Michael Banck wrote:
> Personally, I think DEP should go to d-d-a *once accepted* (dunno about
> obsoleted, maybe as well), but initial drafts should go to either
> debian-devel (DEP touches development, I assume this will be the vast
> majority of DEPs, also the case for most examples from DEP0), or
> debian-project (DEP does not touch development, the `finding
> sponsorship' example from DEP0 and DEP0 itself).

...or both - I'd say -, if DEP touches both development and project.

(It's so straightforward... why instead flooding d-d-a with *drafts*?)

> Otherwise, I think this is a good idea.  Did you consider moving dep.d.n
> over to wiki.debian.org once that is run by ikiwiki and DEPs are
> common practise?

IMHO wiki.debian.org should, as the generic domain name suggests, be about
somewhat random news, tips, ideas, coordination, teams stuff, and so on.
DEPs, when agreed upon and well formalized, would be worth their own
subdomain, of course a d.o. one.

Just my 2 ¢.

--
Luca