Re: RFC: Introducing Debian Enhancement Proposals (DEPs)

Michael Banck <mbanck@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 16 January 2008, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > > I think the initial mail should be sended to debian-devel-announce
> > > because there might be a lot of interested people who do not read
> > > debian-project.  At least I feel DEP0 should go initially to dda.
>
> Personally, I think DEP should go to d-d-a *once accepted* (dunno about
> obsoleted, maybe as well), [...]

Broadly, I agree with Andreas Tille.  I think d-d-a is the main
required DD communication route, so a DEP might not have been seen by
all affected DDs until it appears there, so one can't really claim
consensus on that DEP before then, so it shouldn't reach accepted
status before it's sent to d-d-a, or even candidate status.

That given, I think it might be better to announce late drafts there,
rather than the initial mail, to avoid cluttering.

Regards,