Re: Multi-winner elections, soc-ctte

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:16:40 +0100, Anthony Towns
<aj@azure.humbug.org.au> said:

> On Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 10:00:47AM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 02:43:24PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> >         It should be relatively straight forward for Devotee to
>> >         find the
>> >  winner, take the winner out of contention the next round, find the
>> >  next winner (ignoring any pairwise contests dealing with any
>> >  candidate no longer in the contest), and continue until the number
>> >  of candidates desired has been reached.
>> This is no doubt true.  As I mentioned in another mail, this
>> procedure does have the problem of not delivering proprtional
>> results.  A scenario.

> A simpler scenario.

        OK, color me convinced. I am now trying to wrap my head around
 the stuff found at http://m-schulze.webhop.net/, and see if I can
 implement some of the methods mentioned there.

        I haven't had to plough through so much math since grad school.

        manoj
--
"I'd love to go out with you, but I did my own thing and now I've got to
undo it."