Re: soc-ctte discussion at DebConf7

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

       In other words, we share a common technical "culture". This is
not the case for social culture of the community; and this distinction
would tend to make a difference, in my opinion.

Well, we discussed it in private at DebConf (when I lost my live
in an assassin attack ;-)).  I wonder in how far you think different
cultural aspects are regarded if there is no social committee at all.
So we have the choice to do either nothing against social problems in
Debian or just give a soc-ctte a chance to try - your comments about
the cultural diversion might be a helpful guideline here - but in
my opinion no argument against a soc-ctte.

Kind regards

            Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de