Re: soc-ctte discussion at DebConf7 [was Re: Social committee proposal]

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 05:19:27PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 09:19:46AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
> > The biggest decisions need to be publicly documented however. I don't
> > think we've clearly drawn the line here. I'm also unsure if it's important
> > to have a clear line here. We can just let the ctte draw the line where
> > it's appropriate given that any communication concerning the ctte should
> > ideally be archived on master.d.o just like other aliases are archived
> > there (press@d.o, secretary@d.o, etc.) and that DD should be able to
> > consult them.
>
> I was going to suggest DDs being able to read it, exactly like that,
> but I did get a vibe from Bdale and others that even that would be
> too much exposure.
>
> I'm not sure, someone should elaborate if they disagree.

I think that the internal discussions should be kept private to
the soc-ctte at least as long as no decision is made. As decisions made
by the comitee will probably quite often involve social behaviour of DDs
I think it's problematic if all DDs can read the internal discussions of
the comitee members. I believe that the comitee members should be able
to discussion various options without the fear that something could be
publicized (probably resulting in a flamewar) before even a discussion
in the comitee is made.

After a decision is made I think it's less problematic to make the
discussion available to all DDs. But still there is the problem, that
offending behaviour would be exposed to all DDs.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.