Re: Bits from the DPL

Heya,

> I think that the herescript thing could be intersting for trivial
> packages (./configure && make && make install), and the direct download
> could be intersting if we want to provide an official way to handle
> very big packages (think about the human genome, for instance).

Project move/die/fork/whatever and their URLs change. Or their servers
are offline. Or they just don't ship tarballs of older versions anymore,
because the new one is out. How would you rebuild a package then? Direct
download of source would be a hassle. As long as Debian is able to ship
the binaries of huge projects I'm sure there's enough disk space to ship
the sources, too.

Cheers,

Bernd
--