Re: ideas....

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 08:55:25 +0200, Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> said:

> On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 11:41:43PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava
> <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
>> Being paid based on popularity does not alter the fact that some
>> subset of people are being paid, and others are not, for what could
>> be equivalent amounts of work done.  Such an imbalance would make
>> Debian unpalatable for me, personally.  Other developers may or may
>> not agree, but I for one think that injection of paid work into
>> Debian would make Debian less fun for me.

> What injection ? There is already people being paid to work on Debian.

        If you do not see the distinction between getting a job with an
 external entity paying people to work on debian, and having ones fellow
 developers in an a position to determine whether one gets money or not,
 then I don't know how to explain it.

        Already one could find reluctance in opposing aj or Ted or
 Raphael on technical issues, even one feels it might not be in the best
 interest of the project, since in the future one could be in need of
 the money that could be steered ones way by the dunc tank powers that
 be.

        The injection of an employer-employee relationship in Debian is
 not something I think is in the best interest of the project.

        manoj

--
"No!  We will not die like dogs.  We will fight like lions!" The Three
Amigos