Re: ideas....

On Sunday 08 April 2007, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 07, 2007 at 11:41:43PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava
<srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
> >         Being paid based on popularity does not alter the fact that
> > some subset of people are being paid, and others are not, for what
> > could be equivalent amounts of work done.  Such an imbalance would make
> > Debian unpalatable for me, personally.  Other developers may or may not
> > agree, but I for one think that injection of paid work into Debian
> > would make Debian less fun for me.
>
> What injection ? There is already people being paid to work on Debian.

geese, we wen't over this last time this came up, there's a difference
between:
1) Debian paying people to work on Debian, and
2) a 3th party paying people to work on Debian

the major one being wether the politics involved with deciding who gets
payed become a Debian issue, or remain something outside of Debian
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)