Re: Developers vs Uploaders

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 07:58:03PM -0400, Michael Olson wrote:

> I am one such person who wishes to be able to upload Debian packages
> for software that I maintain without becoming a DD.  The main reason
> for not wanting to become a DD is an adverse reaction to the result of
> Debian Vote 2006-1 -- I don't want to become a part of the group of
> people who were responsible for classifying the GFDL as "non-free".

Well, what part of "you can't change this" is actually Free?  The
outcome was that if something uses the GFDL without invariant sections,
then it is Free (as in DFSG-compliant).  If something has invariant
sections, then it (at least that part of it) is not Free.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez