Re: Why is there only self-nomination? [Re: Expulsion process: Sven Luther]

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 10:30:53AM +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> > Personally, I think the idea of a DD having to ack his nomination, though only
> > after being nominated by some (Q?) fellow DDs would be better than a plain
> > self-nomination. What do others think?
>
> What would be better about it? I haven't seen any concrete problems yet
> with the nominations. Last year (i.m.o.) a troll has nominated himself,
> but he was convincingly voted down.
>
> What concrete problem would this solve?

Too many corner-case candidates hogging the ballot, hogging the list of
platforms that voters need to read, hogging the discussion, ...

I'm not saying that this happens already, but it could. In the soc-ctte
proposal, there will be a one-seconder requirement because there it will
inevitably be a problem, the ballot-cramming.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.