Re: Updated Debian Maintainers Keyring

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 03:13:52PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Anthony Towns said:
> > When psql on merkel gets updated to a version that can load the dumps
> > from ftp-master [...]
> Can we just open the postgres port on ftp-master to merkel, and grant
> read only access (over ssl if it makes people feel better)?.

I think that'd require code changes to dak. It probably also means the
dak install on merkel wouldn't be an exact mirror of the one on ries,
which would be a nuisance as far as keeping it an exact mirror of the
live install is concerned.

Also, restoring the dump to merkel has the advantage that we know our
backups can actually be restored.

Anyway, updating merkel to etch looks set to happen fairly soon anyway.

Cheers,
aj