Re: call for seconds - request for removal of DM registrations

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 14:57 +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> writes:
> > The "good reasons" for requesting the removal of inappropriate additions
> > to the DM keyring are
>
> Why is it better to introduce more work for the DM Keyring team than
> ask a simple apology?

Granting upload rights to non-DD's bypassing the voted procedures is not
solved by an apology but by completing the remaining formal steps for
the DM applications or by removing the DM registrations for as long as
the remaining steps are not yet completed.

No need for an apology, because it is OK to have a different view on the
liberties that come with being a member of the DM keyring maintenance
team, and because I'm convinced that all was done with good intentions.

> Also, you are aware that even if multiple DD's
> do second your request, it is entirely up to the DM Keyring team if
> they agree with you that this is a "good reason" for removal? So, you
> might end up with accomplishing nothing.

I haven't read the GR text that way, but let's hope that it doesn't
escalate to that level.

Regards,

Bart Martens