Re: wiki.debian.org: Who's maintaining it

On Sat, Sep 08, 2007 at 08:13:20PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > Thanks, but who is coordinating the wiki as a whole? Someone should
> > > take responsibility for dealing with questions/issues with the wiki in
> > > general, not only its technical side.
> >
> > I just stumbled upon this issue now, when I made my first few
> > meta-contributions to wiki.d.o.
> >
> > wiki.d.o:/srv/wiki.debian.org/ is mainly owned by root, rather than
> > debwww, webwml, or some other user group. Therefore, bug reports on
> > wiki.d.o technically and administratively cannot be filed under the same
> > pseudo-package as www.d.o, because none of us in the web team have
> > jurisdiction over it.
> >
> > This appears to have gone unfixed ever since wiki.d.o was first created,
> > in October 2005 - almost two years now.
>
> I recently asked James Troup about the opportunity to delegate the wiki to
> someone external to DSA and he wasn't really interested, pointing out that
> DSA hadn't received that many requests concerning the wiki.

Probably because nowhere on the entire Wiki does it actually say where to
send feedback to. Which is a great tactic to avoid getting that many
requests, really ;)

The closest that I could find was http://wiki.debian.org/WikiAdmins
which is a page imported from the old wiki, and is obsolete.

> So I also believe that we would benefit from a "wiki admin/maintainer".
> But is there someone volunteering ?

Jonas did so in #359116 (on 2006-04-26, a year and a half ago), and I did so
in the previous mail. I'm fairly sure we can harness some man-hours from the
other developers who used to maintain it before it came under .debian.org
and from other people involved in the web site; if not, I'm definitely sure
that we can draw new blood from the remainder of our 1049-odd developer
pool :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.