Re: wiki.debian.org: Who's maintaining it

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 01:45:38PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 20 April 2006 08:29, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > Technically the wiki is operated by debian-admin.  For serious
> > problems, please drop debian-admin a note.  Patches in coordination
> > with the python moin wiki maintainer are welcome.  Patches that will be
> > overwritten when a new version gets installed are problematic, though.
>
> Thanks, but who is coordinating the wiki as a whole?
> Someone should take responsibility for dealing with questions/issues with
> the wiki in general, not only its technical side.

I just stumbled upon this issue now, when I made my first few
meta-contributions to wiki.d.o.

wiki.d.o:/srv/wiki.debian.org/ is mainly owned by root, rather than
debwww, webwml, or some other user group. Therefore, bug reports on wiki.d.o
technically and administratively cannot be filed under the same
pseudo-package as www.d.o, because none of us in the web team have
jurisdiction over it.

This appears to have gone unfixed ever since wiki.d.o was first created,
in October 2005 - almost two years now.

Also, whatever is low-priority and owned solely by debian-admin tends to
decay. debian-admin not paying attention to these things is *all right* - I
myself when I sysadmin a machine don't really want to care about upper-level
aspects that end-users care about. What is not all right is that nobody else
has been delegated the said responsibility. None of the people mentioned in
the transition are now involved with maintaining wiki.d.o. jeroen, ivey, js
- none of them even have an account on rietz, where the thing is located.

In lack of more innovative solutions, I propose that we create a modicum of
new input vectors regarding the maintenance of wiki.d.o, with the web team
taking some responsibility, in lack of better targets. Requirements:

* a wiki-admin@d.o address should be created, which can be pointed to
  wiki-admin@www-master.d.o, which can filter spam and then forward to
  debian-www@l.d.o at first, later to others
* wiki.debian.org pseudo-package should be created in the BTS, and
  have the new address listed as the recipient
* files in the aforementioned directory are changed to a new wikiadmin group
* js, debwww people, and others get an account on the machine hosting
  wiki.d.o (rietz) and be added to that group

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.