Re: Two GR concepts for dicussion

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
> IANAL, but I understand that jurisdiction depends on who, what and
> where is involved.  This project is a project of some organisations
> and they could be taken to court. Various people work on it and they
> could be taken to court if they were involved.

Yes, of course people and (legal) entities are responsible for their
actions. I just don't see how this would be very relevant to any issue
at hand. I guess I mistook your statement to mean a potential
collective responsibility over the actions of an individual.

> I'm sorry to hear Finnish courts offer so little.

Let me elaborate. Let's say that I insulted you publicly on some
Debian mailing list. I of course would be responsible, and you could
sue me in a Finnish court (and maybe even in some foreign court, too,
but you would not get me to appear there). You couldn't, however, sue
e.g. the listmasters (or, well, you could sue but I think you'd get
thrown out pretty fast).

But, IANAL, too.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *