Re: Range Voting - the simpler better alternative to Condorcet voting

> This discussion doesn't belong on debian-policy.  The policy maintainers

-policy dropped.

On Sat, May 26, 2007 at 05:19:26PM -0700, CLAY S wrote:
> which system is in use.  That's not a reasonable assumption, because *Range
> Voting rewards attempts at strategic voting and Condorcet punishes it*.
> Your so-called "DH3 pathology" is not a bug, it's a feature.

Besides, I don't see the DH3 pathology applying in Debian votes, as we
always have the default option, which should be ranked above all
unacceptable candidates (ie. voting A>D>B>C>X is incorrect, one should
vote A>X>B>C>D in the example in [1]).

[1] http://rangevoting.org/DH3.html

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *