Re: This is getting ridiculous ...

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 06:39:41AM -0600, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 09:45:37PM +0300, Eddy Petri??or wrote:
>
> For those wondering why this showed up now ...

> Sven, I hope this was simply a mistake (resent to wrong address) on
> your part.  Otherwise, you're showing a lack of judgement.

It was not, this is very relevant, and it applies clearly to the current
situation.

All of the content of Eddy's mail apply to the current situation, where we
have a situation, which has been brewing up since over a year now, where i
have made many attempts at reconciliation, even proposed an in-face meeting at
FOSDEM, so it can be solved, and which was always rejected. Where Anthony
Towns, acting as DPL, and Steve McIntyre, acting as delegate mediator, didn't
even attempt to mediate, and thus leaving the issue degenerate at it has now.

So, here we have a case, where a member from the d-i team, the only one who
dared voice his opinion back then, clearly explained the situation.

It is clear from this, that everything that has happened is not my fault
alone, but also the fault of others, and if i am going to be suspsended for 1
year because of it, others should also be suspsended.

Another quote of interest in this :

  (From Frans to Eddy, (200610191109.45294.elendil@planet.nl)) :
  For your information: it was exactly mails like this that got Sven's
  commit rights revoked. Please don't follow his example.

So, Eddy dared speak frankly to Frans, and later made some comments about how
the g-i partitioner was less than ideal, and was threatened of expulsion from
the team.

This is evidence, beyond my own case, how Frans Pop is nuisible to debian, and
should be suspended to give him time to reflect upon his errors, just as i
have been suspended.

Friendly,

Sven Luther