Re: Expulsion process: Sven Luther

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 05:47:03PM +0200, Joey Schulze wrote:

> > > Certainly not. However, it seems to be beyond your capacity. You are
> > > either very passionate, or not sending any emails at all. Usually it's
> > > the former.
> >
> > And is being passionate not something exemplar, and sought of in order to
> > participate in Debian ? Do we not all are here because we believe in it ?
>
> Not the way you're performing this.  You don't need to reply to each
> and every mail, repeating complaints or asking rethorical questions.

Notice though, that in the last days, i did *DISCUSS* in an open and public
way, with other folk, just as we are doing now.

I know that email and irc are not the perfect place for holding such
discussions, which is why i proposed an in-live meeting at FOSDEM, where i
hoped these issues would have been solved. But since an in-live meeting was
rejected, and even my proposal to come together to the talk about the future
of the kernel and d-i in debian, where i had hoped to discuss technical
issues, was mostly deserted.

So, what is left to me but to use the mailing lists to discuss issues. And in
particular, to discuss the isssue of my expulsion request with the other
party.

I Strongly oppose to the DAMs saying i have fallen back in the old mode, i was
just holding a public discussion, since an in-live discussion was refused to
me, and is in general not easily doable in debian.

So, i have done nothing wrong, nothing which even remotely justify the
decision which was taken, and what just happened is a failure of debian to
solve its social issues, because some people are too proud and arrogant to
accept anything except a full victory over their opposition.

Sorry, guys, but debian is not a fight to death, but a place where issues can
be discussed, and where we want to achieve a common goal. I believed that it is
a place of friendlyness, where people can look beyond the statistic of how
many mails you write, to the human being beyond the mails, but it seems i was
wrong in this.

Debian has fallen very low indeed ...

Friendly,

Sven Luther