Re: Expulsion process: Sven Luther - Decision

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 07:52:48PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> > Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
> > > * Sven Luther (sven@powerlinux.fr) :
> > >
> > > Sven, this _is_ all about your behaviour.
> > >
> > > Too sad you don't manage to understand that.
> >
> > Not all DD's support the principle that an expulsion can be or should be
> > based purely on a perception of a persons behaviour unless DMUP is breached.
> >
> > OTOH, what I think Sven meant is that he wanted the expulsion be decided
> >  by evaluating his actions that initiated the debate and not be
> > aggravated or softened by how he behaves now. So that the question would
> > be not "should Sven be excluded from Debian", but rather "do the actions
> > that Sven performed at that time provide a valid reason for excluding
> > him from Debian".
>
> I believe that the actions that lead to the d-i problem and the removal
> of his write permission did not lead to the suspense request but his
> destructive actions that followed the underlying problem.  I may be wrong,
> but that's at least my perception.

More to the point, what i actually wanted to be judged are the DAMs, and
debian in general.

The judgement was if it was acceptable for Debian to expulse someone (or
suspend for a year which is the same), because Debian has been unable to solve
this issue. I have given the other party in this mess ample oportunities to
reach a compromise, nothin ever happened. I have given Debian ample enough
oportunities to do the right thing in this, and chose the way of
reconciliation, and thinking in the greater good.

The judgement, has fallen, and Debian has lost, because the judgement chose
rejection and hate over conciliation, the judgement approved the actions of
the other party in this, which rejected any tentative of reconciliation i have
made, and had gone in ever increasing provocations.

It is sad to see Debian fall so low, there is one last appeal on this, but i
am out of it, so you all the DDs who are left, you now get to decide what you
want for the future of debian, and if you want this to be set as precedent.

  Me: Let's put pride and arrogance and remembrance of past hurts aside, and
  let's again work on d-i all together, as it should be.
  Them : FUCK You!
  Them : The worst crap i have ever seen.

For me, the choice is quickly made, but apparently those are not the same
values as debian shares.

Friendly,

Sven Luther