Testing kernel version

Hi,

I've downloaded 02/26/07 version of Debian Etch and tried to install it on my computer.

Unfortunately, I own an Asus P5B-E Plus motherboard with JMicron PATA/SATA controller. So it doesn't recognize my hardware.

I read that the 2.6.20 kernel could support the JMicron controller... however my Etch version has a 2.6.18 kernel :/

Well, my question is : where can I see the actual kernel that is used in the current testing version ? Does the 03/12/07 version have a newer kernel ?

Is there a solution for the JMicron controller ?

Thank you,

Fred

PS.: Excuse my english...