Re: Testing kernel version

On Wed, Mar 14, 2007 at 09:53:04PM +0100, Fred M. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've downloaded 02/26/07 version of Debian Etch and tried to install it
> on my computer.
>
> Unfortunately, I own an Asus P5B-E Plus motherboard with JMicron
> PATA/SATA controller. So it doesn't recognize my hardware.
>
> I read that the 2.6.20 kernel could support the JMicron controller...
> however my Etch version has a 2.6.18 kernel :/
>
> Well, my question is : where can I see the actual kernel that is used in
> the current testing version ? Does the 03/12/07 version have a newer
> kernel ?
>
> Is there a solution for the JMicron controller ?

Not sure if this helps, but there are 2.6.20 debian kernels available at :

  snapshots: deb http://kernel-archive.buildserver.net/debian-kernel {sid,trunk} main

I peronsally just built a amd64_i386 2.6.20 based monolithic d-i, which i can
make available to you, no idea what processor is on your board though.

I uploaded it to :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i-2.6.20-amd64_i386.iso

(well, currently uploading, wait a couple of minutes before grabbing it).

Friendly,

Sven Luther