Technical solutions to social problems

On pe, 2007-02-23 at 11:41 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> Our core teams not communicating is a social problem. RT is a
> technical solution. There are no technical solutions for social
> problems.

This meme is often repeated, but I don't think it is entirely true.

As an example, consider couples who sleep in the same bed, under the
same blanket. They often complain about a social problem, namely that
the other party steals the blanket during the night and leaves the other
one shivering.

The technical solution this social problem is to have two blankets.

(I do not currently have an opinion on whether RT will solve
communications problems within Debian.)

--
Yet another password: just say no.