Re: Criteria for a successful DPL board

> There might be many small decisions where such a structure is overblown.
> In that case, we will adjust the working: maybe have a chairman of the
> board who can take small decisions.

The power to make "small" decisions should be delegated to the people
who actually do the things. This is critical in volunteer
organizations, in my experience.

I'm slightly confused on what you're actually proposing. Are you
proposing a council or a leadership team? A council would be
"Miniature Debian" and could make decisions faster than a GR, but
would not lead as such. A council could be a larger body (in fact, 10
people would be too few, IMO) whereas a leadership team of 10 people
is too much (IMO).

For the record, I'm *not* suggesting that Debian should have an
elected council, I think our GR procedure is good enough to handle
cases that would fall into council's area of responsibility.

--
* Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology (T.P)  *
*           PGP public key available @ http://www.iki.fi/killer           *