Re: Social Committee proposal text (diff)

On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 10:59:15PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>  1) When do developers need to implement social stances or policies?
>     Can you give an example of the kinds of things the constitution
>     may be talking about here?

While copying and pasting :) I was actually puzzled at the amount of
examples that were cited for the technical committee. I admit I don't have
any so straightforward examples, but then, it was pretty late when I wrote
that.

I'll have to ponder on it before suggesting an example, because it would
have to be worthy of being cemented into the constitution :)

>  2) What happens  if only some  of the paticipants in a social, umm,
>     tussle, want to submit the affair to the soc ctte?  Once referred,
>     are all other parties now subject to the soc ctte rule?

Hm. I have no idea. What happens in the case of the technical committee?
I don't think I changed anything with regard to issue scope.

>  3) When a developer is over ruled on a technical matter, the tech
>     ctte can not force a developer to do something they do not want to
>     do (the developer can't stop other people from doing the task --
>     no active work against, etc).  Do similar clauses apply to the soc
>     ctte?

Yeah, but this is governed by the same general rules section, 2.1.1.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.