Re: Criteria for a successful DPL board

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, MJ Ray wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> > * Around 10 members representing if possible the various tendencies that
> >   exist within Debian.
>
> How would accurate representation be encouraged?

In the long term via vote. But there won't be any rule to impose any
accuracy, it's up to the voters to decide which board serve them best.

In the short term, I'm trying to compose a board with my perception of
other DD on two grounds:
- what are their main beliefs
- how did they participate in the various discussions that I've followed

There's no way it's going to be 100% accurate, you can't have all
tendencies of 1000 developers in a set of 10 representants. But you can
have a set with people from various opinions. More of this on -vote,
because it's not really interesting for the discussion about the principle
of the board in general but only for the short term of how I'm going to
try to do that for this election.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog