Re: Debian Weekly News - November 28th, 2006

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 10:30:57AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 05:36:23PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> > I suppose it's possible this is how they were reading the "Dunc-Bank" QA
> > effort to find RC bugs, but if so, I think they were misreading the spirit
> > of that effort
>
> I think that the first two sentences on http://dunc-bank.zoy.org/ have
> any potential of being mis-read. Dunc-Bank looks like a desperate
> effort to make the current dunc-tank experiment fail masquerading
> behind a generally good idea. Thankfully, the web page makes it pretty
> clear what dunc-bank's real objective is.

  You're definitely of the humorless kind. I do think that
http://dunc-bank.zoy.org has no potential to be misunderstood to the
point where it can be taken for anything else than satire and irony[0].
There is nothing like a "Dunk-Bank" initiative, merely people that do
care about QA a lot, and did not want to see etch being released with a
diminished quality or in a hurry.

  [0] Or maybe your browser totally lack image support. I can point to
      you many very lightweight browsers that can do that, you can mail
      me privately if you need some pointers.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit