Re: Debian Weekly News - November 28th, 2006

Baz <bazciscor@gmail.com> writes:

> I read the following in the current DistroWatch Weekly:

> "Andreas Barth has published a release update regarding the upcoming
> release of Debian <http://distrowatch.com/debian> GNU/Linux
> 4.0. Although it does not provide any information about the probable
> release date of the much awaited Etch, it does hint at what many
> suspected was one of the reasons for the current delay - the go slow
> strike of some of those Debian developers who strongly objected to the
> Dunc-Tank experiment to fund the work of two release managers with
> generous salaries..."

> Is this correct - that some Debian developers are consciously and
> deliberately slowing the release of "etch?"

I suppose it's possible this is how they were reading the "Dunc-Bank" QA
effort to find RC bugs, but if so, I think they were misreading the spirit
of that effort (which was helpful to Debian regardless of which side of
the dunc-tank question you come down on).  Besides, that definitely was
not a slowdown; it was a *speed-up* of work that Debian benefits from in
the long run.