Re: Debian Etch Stable.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 01:48:45PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 01:21:35PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Like said, the experiment will finish once it is officially finished, and once
> > the analysis has been done, and the final report result is published. Given
> > the impact of long-term demotivation, you can thus not expect the experiment
> > impact to finish any time soon.
>
> And this is not going to change whether we continue (as in having Andi
> finish his term) or not. So aborting now is irrelevant.

Erm, i have never meant to abort the experiment. It was my understanding that
there are only a few days left.

What is needed, and what i asked for, is a quick end of the experiment, ASAP
after the end of Andi's term, *AND* a professional analysis of the
sociological (and technical) impact of the experiement, by an independent
third party preferably), and then a publication of this report.

Once that is done, the experiment is ended, and there would be conclusions
that can be shown and used in the future, which is the whole aim of such an
experiment.

But doing like Anthony did, while the experiment is still ongoing, calling the
oponents to the experiment to participate again, is hypocritical, wrong, and a
manipulation of the experiment itself. It shows clearly that there will be no
analysis done, and that it will end up in another huge mess where everyone
draws his own random conclusions.

Again, Anthony, this is a direct call to you, as DPL and originator of this
experiment, i *URGE YOU* to take contact with some of those sociologist who
have in the past done studies of the debian community, and ask them help for
analysing the result of this experiment.

Friendly,

Sven Luther