Re: Debian Weekly News - November 28th, 2006

On 12/6/06, Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> wrote:

> DDs are the legislative
That doesn't make sense, either.  The legislature is a subset of the
population, elected to act on behalf of the population.  DDs are the
population.

Uhm, that seems a bit DD-centric to me.  Debian is not only about DDs,
you know. There are *users* who are not DDs.  So, the population would
be all the people that use Debian, be it DDs or not.

So, in that sense, the DDs might be legislative, in the sense that we
make the rules, and the users have to live with them, and some times
we take into account the users' wishes and change this or that
according to them.

We don't legislate much, though, so I think that calling it the
"legislative" power is a bit of a stretch.

--
Besos,
Marga