Re: Delete my message on one Debian List Please

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 07:49:56PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> >   (I'm deliberately ignoring smtp-time checks..)
>
>         I don't think you should be. According to my recent stats, I
>  only accept about 25% of the mail thrown at my server (half of the
>  rest is rejected as Spam, the other half is grey-listed. Of the
>  quarter that I do accept, there is still some Spam, but I prefer to
>  be conservative.  I have not seen a Spam in the last two weeks or so.

  Badly phrased on my point.  I meant that in *addition* to SMTP-time
 checks of various kinds I still have to run the other tools and still
 end up with 400+ spam mails a day hitting my spam folder.

  70% of that is addressed to security@debian, 30% is to
 skx@debian.

  Greylisting I'm on the point of abandoning, it isn't helping as much
 as it used to do.

Steve