Re: Delete my message on one Debian List Please

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 18:21:23 +0000, Steve Kemp <skx@debian.org> said:

> On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 12:00:36PM -0300, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
>> Recently we had this thread about public emails in Debian
>> lists/BTS:
>>
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2006/08/msg00123.html

>   Thanks for the link.

>> If you agree, consider using bogofilter, I've used it (client-side)
>> with almost 100% of efficiency against spams - great performance,
>> also.
>>

>   I already use pyzor, razor, spambayes, and many custom procmail
>  rules.  I resent having to waste my CPU to do filtering, but to be
>  honest that is irrelevant.  By the time you've accepted the mails
>  your bandwidth has been wasted/abused.

>   (I'm deliberately ignoring smtp-time checks..)

        I don't think you should be. According to my recent stats, I
 only accept about 25% of the mail thrown at my server (half of the
 rest is rejected as Spam, the other half is grey-listed. Of the
 quarter that I do accept, there is still some Spam, but I prefer to
 be conservative.  I have not seen a Spam in the last two weeks or so.

        manoj
--
Hackers of the world, unite!