Re: How to best reach the users of a package?

su, 2006-08-06 kello 11:33 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli kirjoitti:
> Regarding how to implement it, the most interesting part seems to be
> creating the server side part of the service and make DDs use it. I
> agree with the user comment about using RSS for that.

One million users polling once day, causing one kilobyte of HTTP
traffic, results in 30 gigabytes of traffic per month, and about 11 hits
per second (assuming even distribution). That is not an irrelevant
amount of traffic even with static web pages, never mind dynamically
generated, customized RSS feeds.

(I'd actually rather see we didn't have such a service, since we can't
rely on it reaching all users anyway.)

--
/* The following line has been commented out */