Re: How to best reach the users of a package?

Daniel Jacobowitz, 2006-08-05 22:20:08 +0200 :

> I think this plan, and the overall idea, are both great.

I have no objection to that either, and I'd suggest apticron and
friends would benefit from that too.  I mean, there could be one
channel transmitting various messages, such as "important info from
the maintainer", "security update", "non-security update", and so on,
and the user could choose which categories to see.  And where the
messages go (email, file, pipe to a custom script, Gnome notification
applet, etc.)

  Doesn't that sound an awful lot like simply aggregating and
filtering a lot of tagged RSS feeds?  It's very two-dot-zero-ish :-)

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Au royaume des aveugles, les borgnes sont mal vus.