Re: DebianTimes launched

On Saturday 05 August 2006 21:44, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> I don't really have strong feelings about maintaining some sort of
> purity of planet as for personal blogs.
>
> I do, however, don't want to do anything that sacrifices planets
> current role of providing a great personal space. I didn't think that
> have DWN or DT on Planet would do that but if others think it would,
> I'll be happy to defer to consensus.

The thing is that aggregating everything in one place reduces choice. I
like planet as it is currently because what I get is well defined:
personal blogs from people working on Debian.

It would also result in the different types of feeds getting mixed up in
one category in the aggregator I use for reading planet and other rss
services, while I'd prefer to have news items separate from personal
blogs, possibly with a different expiration period.

Personally I don't want to receive DWN at all via rss: I prefer the mail
subscription.

Of course I have no problem with creating separate categories on planet
for other types of feeds. But please keep the original purpose of planet
as a separate service and allow users choice.

Cheers,
FJP