Re: Reforming the NM process

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 02:54:07PM -0300, Margarita Manterola wrote:
> On 4/11/06, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt <marc@marcbrockschmidt.de> wrote:
>
> > 2.1 Multiple advocates
> work, and be knowledgeable about Debian without interacting actively
> with anyone else apart from his/her sponsor...
>
> 2) Someone who does not have a fixed sponsor, but sends mails to
> -mentors asking for uploads whenever they need one.  This person's
> work won't be appreciated by all of his/her sponsors, because they'd
> only see one of those packages, and not all the work done... (In this
> case, it's even difficult to get an advocate at all)
Hi Margarita,
tracking contributions:
when someone (like a non-debian package maintainer or a NM) asks for
something to be sponsored, is there a mailing list or location (like on
wiki.d.o/$NAME) that this is noted? Would such a location or mailing
list be useful for AM or others to see what they did? Also if this was
implemented would it be useful for non-debian package maintainers to
have their work noted so that if they want to join the NM process in the
future, they could then just point to the work they did for debian in
one of these locations?
As for translation/documentation contributions, is there a way to track non-debian, NM (or DD)
translation/documentation work other than parsing changelogs?

Sample entries: