Re: Reforming the NM process

Hi Kevin,

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Kevin Mark wrote:
> Hi Margarita,
> tracking contributions:
> when someone (like a non-debian package maintainer or a NM) asks for
> something to be sponsored, is there a mailing list or location (like on
> wiki.d.o/$NAME) that this is noted?

There's no centralized place for that despite efforts like
http://mentors.debian.net.

central and default one).

(This should be common knowledge BTW, I already pointed you to
debian-mentors once)

> Would such a location or mailing list be useful for AM or others to see
> what they did?

It shouldn't be up to the AM to check what the applicant did... it's the
job of the applicant to keep a little log of his contributions to help the
AM and the DAM judge his abilities and whether or not he is ready to be
accepted in Debian.

The log should be verifiable: it should point to public archives like
mailing lists, BTS, PTS, ...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog