Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 12:45:50AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On 3 Apr 2006, Wouter Verhelst outgrape:
>
> > I don't have any problems per se with non-DD contributors being
> > allowed to vote on matters of purely technical substance.
>
>         I have a problem with _anyone_ voting on a matter of purely
>  technical substance.

I was referring to Constitution points 4.1.3 and 4.1.4. Most votes that
would fall under those would seem to be technical to me. Of course, that
doesn't mean they _have_ to be technical.

Additionally, with 'technical' I also meant "things that relate to
technicalities in the Project's organization", which is not necessarily
the same thing as "technical stuff relating to computers". Though I
should've been more careful in my choice of words on a forum of highly
technical people ;-)

--
Fun will now commence