Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

Scripsit Kevin Mark <kmark@pipeline.com>
> On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 02:36:58PM +0200, Henning Makholm wrote:
>> Scripsit "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako@debian.org>

>> > It's argueably the most important right that is reserved for developers
>> > but it does not necessary stand to reason that it should be reserved
>> > only for those who engage in development.

>> > I'd like to see those who have made long-term, sustained, and
>> > significant contributions to Debian enfranchised.

>> How is "making long-term, sustained, and significant contributions to
>> Debian" _not_ "engaging in development"?

> just to clarify, does 'engaging in development' equate to 'doing
> software related stuff' or could it include 'helping to improve the
> Debian organization in other ways'?

As far as I'm aware, everything in Debian is software-related stuff in
that it all exists to enable and support the creation of a free
operating system.

--
Henning Makholm                "Nu kommer han. Kan du ikke høre knallerten?"