Re: Intel notebooks for needy developers in developing countries

Andreas Schuldei <andreas@debian.org> writes:
> * Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> [2006-02-27 14:52:16]:
>> * Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org> [2005-12-08 21:08]:
>>> Intel is so generous to provide Debian with ten notebooks (besides
>>> some server hardware), which we would like to give to developers in
>>> developing countries who
>> It would be nice to see a list of people who received those laptops
>> and what they intend to do with them with regards to Debian.
[...]
> currently i honestly dont know who ended up with the notebooks
> and one candiate was not fond of the idea of his name being made
> public.

That's a bit weird. It would be nice to find out what happened to this
notebooks, so that other potential sponsors can estimate the use of
donating hardware to prospective developers.

> The number of 10 notebooks was cut back to 3 because debian had
> received quite a number of heavy server boxes this term

Hrrm, somehow nothing of that has been announced, though there are some
services that are really in need of new hardware (like
packages.debian.org). Could we get a report about this new hardware?

Marc
--
BOFH #23:
improperly oriented keyboard