Re: Intel notebooks for needy developers in developing countries

Andreas Schuldei wrote on 27/02/2006 23:06:
> * Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> [2006-02-27 14:52:16]:
>
>>* Andreas Schuldei <andreas@schuldei.org> [2005-12-08 21:08]:
>>
>>>Intel is so generous to provide Debian with ten notebooks (besides
>>>some server hardware), which we would like to give to developers in
>>>developing countries who
>>
>>It would be nice to see a list of people who received those laptops
>>and what they intend to do with them with regards to Debian.

[...]
> currently i honestly dont know who ended up with the notebooks
> and one candiate was not fond of the idea of his name being made
> public.

I would expect that if someone received such a benefit from Debian (even
if indirectly), his/her name and approximate whereabouts should be made
public (or at least published to debian-private). If he/she doesn't want
his/her name to show up, he/she needn't apply (or accept the offer if
nominated by someone else).

After all, when they do receive that benefi, it is only fair for them to
 give something back to the Debian community. And it would be hard to
check wether they do give anything back to Debian if they were kept
anonymous.

regards,
Sven