Re: Proposal: Handling of changelog bug closures in Debian derived distros

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 16:43:19 -0800, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> Guillem Jover skrev:
> > which are wrong, ugly or may need a central registration place to avoid
> > collisions either in the mnemonic or the "alternative" closure syntax.
> > Probably the cleanest one is the "Closes Ubuntu:" approach.
>
> While closing bugs will the by far most usual action, we do also want to
> have the ability to relate an upload to a specification or similar in
> Launchpad, which is why we don't think a "Closes:" syntax alone is enough.

> What are your thoughts on this matter?

Yes, I'm aware of that problem, it affects maemo as well. Initially,
just wanted to discuss one issue at a time, but I suppose we can go
for the whole thing.

For "specs" I would add a new syntax, which could be used by everyone
equally, even Debian could start using it if desired. Do launchpad specs
have a numeric value or are just strings? I suppose it does not matter
much anyway, the value could be just concatenated to the output field
in the .changes file, and the final knowledge about what to do with
that field is in dak or whatever archive software which is processing
the uploaded .changes files.

What about "Implements: foo" (or similar), a proper regex would have
to be defined, but you get the idea.

regards,
guillem