Re: Note to "Did you already MOO today..."

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 08:54:56AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
> On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:51:35 +0100, Jakob Johannes Blaette
> <Jakob-Johannes.Blaette@i-dial.de> said:
>
> > Hello, Debain, first of all thank you for the Distribution of DEBIAN
> > that I appreciate.
>
> 	Thanks.
>
> > I am Computer Scientist and have roman catholic believe so I'm also
> > thankful f.ex. that Debian offers a Web Browser called "Epiphany
> > Browser".
>
>         I doubt that the naming had something to do with religion,
>  really.
>
> > But I could also find a program that can produce the comment "Did
> > you already MOO today...?".  Now I found that "MOO" can mean a text
> > based online virtual system but as well "MOOism" that is a joke
> > religion (please see f.ex. wikipedia.org).  Or is the meaning only
> > harmess in the meaning of cows?
>
> 	Hard to say, I don't think this has much to do with the text
>  based game, and something to do with cows is also unlikely.  However,
>  that is not to say that the only explanation left is "MOOism", though
>  that can't be ruled out.  Perhaps there is some humour here that I am
>  missing.

Where does the "Did you already MOO today..." come from?  I can't find
anything related to it.

Something that seem to be related to it in Debian is:
$ apt-get moo
         (__)
         (oo)
   /------\/
  / |    ||
    ~~   ~~
...."Have you mooed today?"...

Which seems to be a cow to me.

An other I can think of is distributed.net who has a logo of a cow (or
bovine), and the button to get the client says "Moo".  You'll find lots
of references to moo and bovine on their site.

Kurt