Re: Position Statement to the Dunc-Tanc "experiment"

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006, Blu wrote:
> Well, in http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_006 the winner is
> option 1 "Re-affirm DPL, wish success to unofficial Dunc Tank".
>
> That doesn't look very neutral to me considering that there was an option
> 2 "Re-affirm DPL, do not endorse nor support his other projects".

These options are slightly more nuanced than that; using the one line
ballot lines to describe them is like describing politicians using
only their name:

     The Debian Project does not object to the experiment named
    "Dunc-Tank", lead by Anthony Towns, the current DPL, and Steve
    McIntyre, the Second in Charge. However, this particular
    experiment is not the result of a decision of the Debian Project.

    The Debian Project wishes success to projects funding Debian or
    helping towards the release of Etch.

Please, lets not descend into the great American pastime of setting up
strawmen and shooting them with large caliber weapons.

Don Armstrong

--
My spelling ability, or rather the lack thereof, is one of the wonders
of the modern world.