Re: How could we give away Debian CDs/DVDs for free?

> Maybe, maybe not. What I've seen at Linux expos is that people don't
> care about free things - a lot of free CDs etc. given away at shows go
> straight in the bin. If people have to pay something for them (even
> something really cheap), then they're more likely to take an interest.

This is a purely first world phenomenon.  The OP is talking about distribution
in DRC. You're not going to see this in a locale where the average annual
income is less than $100 (US).

This is smack dab in the middle of Canonical and the Shuttleworth Foundation
territory.  If anyone is going to know how to deal with any cultural,
political and technological obstacles that might come up with this, it's
them.