Re: Proposal: SPI as international money transfer service

Le mercredi 11 octobre 2006 22:24, Martin Schulze a écrit :

Ahhhh. I said I would stop participating to the thread bu I could
not resist.

> > Seeing Bill Gates giving away billion dollars for paying medicines
> > in Third World countries makes me believe that money does the
> > reverse every often, for people's good.
> Hmm, maybe it wold help Third World countries more if they were allowed
> to produce this medicine on their own for the own people without paying
> large chunks to the respective patent holders?  Maybe it would help them
> more if they would have enough Knowledge to build such factories on
> their own?

You want to change the World, fine. I'm just explaining how money
is able to (or is attempting to) improve it _right now_. The point is
that money is not always for destruction. It depends on who makes
use of it and how.

> > I do believe in this at any level, this is why I'm convinced money
> > is not going to destroy Debian.
> I don't think it can entirely destroy Debian either, which is good,
> but I don't know in which state Debian will be.

Martin, how about you let it go? That is, being positive, keeping up
the good work, spreading good mood, trusting Providence?

Jérôme Marant