buildd redundancy (was Re: Recompilation of ALL Debian packages ...

Sven Luther wrote:

> Accordying to James Troup, whom i asked exactly that at some past debconf,
> this is because if there is some lag in the x86 buildd, then loads of user
> will complain to them about non-installable packages, and the
> ftp-masters/buildd administrators being volunteers and not paid and
> everything, don't care about being given such pressure.

Right: so if we had *two* x86 buildds at *different* locations and *two*
people who could check the logs and upload from *each* buildd, then as long
as both people didn't go on vacation simultaneously, and the machines didn't
crash simultaneously, then the buildds could handle it.

Buildd redundancy is supposed to be an architecture release requirement;
it was waived because so many architectures were flunking it.  Is any
progress being made on fixing this for etch and the future?

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@fastmail.fm>

Bush admitted to violating FISA and said he was proud of it.
So why isn't he in prison yet?...