Re: New website layout / design contest?

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 10:16:59PM -0400, Matej Cepl wrote:
> > After all, the point of any distribution is to sell it to a user.
> It is not. For example, Debian Developers usually don't care how many users
> is Debian sold to. And that is a good thing.

Still, the remainder of the mail had a point, and I don't see anything
wrong with having a more appealing homepage. The informative content is
not all that matter in a web site.

I like the idea of the contest.

Still, a more appropriate place for discussing that would be debian-www.
People there is surely more knowledgeable on the issues involved (what
the contest should be about for example: it can be enough to do it just
for a CSS or it may require more deep changes) than we---or at least
me---are.

Cheers.