New website layout / design contest?

I propose the debian project hold a contest for a new website layout and/or design. After all, the point of any distribution is to sell it to a user. The homepage represents a piece of the project. This may sound a bit harsh but the debian homepage isn't exactly appealing. Maybe at some point (10 years ago) it was, but not by today's standards. VLC ( videolan.org) recently held a contest for a new design and it was quite successful as you can now see the new layout, I believe FreeBSD also held one a while back though I may be mistaken. Some "official" forums would also be nice. Anyway, I'd be interested in hearing some opinions on this. Cheers.